Let's talk about two things when talking about newborn first week :-)
What can you expect the first week yourself? Here are some ways and things that will affect you:
* You will still have painful uterine contractions, especially if you are nursing
* It's normal for your breasts to be full of milk,leaking and engorged.
* The area of your tear is probably still sore as well as your muscles.
* Your legs may still be swollen
* You may leak urine or stool and can't control it. Yes, this is a yucky feeling but it is normal.
* If bleeding gets heavier, or you pass blood clots, call your doctor.
* If you develop a fever, call your doctor.
* Take it easy. Don't worry about housework. This is a time when you need your rest. It's normal to cry, sigh or laugh for no reason. Don't be shy about asking for help from your family and friends. Trust me, you aren't bothering them. They love you and want to help.
* Give your partner a job or assignment to help you and to make him feel useful. He wants to help but just may not know how.
* Make your 6 week postpartum checkup appointment.
* Don't get down on yourself about your weight. Maternity clothes are still going to be the most comfortable to wear (even though you probably many not want to wear them). You are still going to look a little pregnant from the side. It's normal and it will go away soon enough.
Your whole life has just changed. It's very important that you take care of yourself as well as your newborn during the newborn first week.
View my main site for more reading about taking care of yourself after pregnancy, eating healthy and getting your old body back - (or better yet, a new and improved body :-) Here is the link to the main site to help you be a fit mommy Enjoy
Now, what to expect during newborn first week for your newborn :-)
How to care of Newborn BabyAuthor: jamespaul82
Giving birth is a beautiful experience as well as the beginning of a new era in a mother's life. If the milk formula you gave to your baby resulted into an upset stomach, you should immediately consult a doctor to find out if there is a need to switch formulas. While the birth of a baby is a joyous occasion, there is little doubt that the introduction of a tiny person into a great big world necessitates an amount of work that can be seriously overwhelming. You have decided to feed your baby with breast milk or infant formula, make sure that you are giving him the right amount and at the right time. Some first time parents are tempted to allow their baby to sleep in their beds or in car seats or bouncer seats, baby swings, etc. Breastfeeding is very essential for a newborn. If for some reasons, you are not able to feed your baby you can go for bottle feeding. During the first few months, put a well-fitted nightcap on your baby's head when she goes to bed.
I was a mom I had never changed a diaper or had even held a newborn baby in my life. I imagine that a lot of expectant parents and new parents would be delighted if they could read a book or take a course or watch a DVD to train for the job of being a mom and a dad. If you're going to breast feed ask the hospital to send a lactation specialist to your room. When you look at your newborn baby's cute and sweet face, all the pain during pregnancy period is worthwhile. It was discovered that babies who sleep on their back or sides lower their chances. If you feel that your baby has gotten used to being swaddled, you can continue with it for a little longer. A newborn can simply breathe through his/her nose, so a blocked nose can be very severe condition for baby. Baby can taste and smell and have shown preferences for their own mother's milk and dislikes for strong, nasty odors. Many new parents have misconceptions of when they can safely take their newborn infant out in public.
Your baby need not have a bath daily and wait until the cord falls off, which you takes about one to three weeks after birth. Always bear in mind that even while sleeping, your baby may be placed in danger. Caring for the baby begins from the day he/she was born. Giving birth to a baby is one of the most natural things women can do. It's great to finally have that newborn baby in your arms but scary knowing they are depending on you to take care. The first thing that you need to consider is to change the diaper of your baby regularly every time you find that it is wet or soiled. Baby should sleep on a firm mattress that fits tightly in the crib, cradle or bassinet.
Be a fit yummy mummy :-) Learn more on losing that baby weight here