Ankle swelling during pregnancy
Your belly's not the only thing that will swell up. Ankle swelling during pregnancy is also very common. This is usually due to increased body fluids.
Here are some tips to help alleviate ankle swelling during pregnancy:
* Stay off of your feet and off your butt. If long periods of standing or sitting are part of your job description, take periodic breaks. Have a seat if you have been standing, and get up if you've been sitting. Take a 5 minute walk to rev up your circulation.
* Put your legs up. Elevate them when you are sitting. If anyone deserves to put their feet up, it's you.
* Get some rest on your side. If you are not already in the side-lying habit, time to try it now. Lying on your side helps keep your kidney's working at peak efficiency. It helps to eliminate waste and reduce ankle swelling during pregnancy.
* Choose comfort. Make a comfort statement, not a fashion statement. Favor shoes that are comfortable and wear slippers whenever possible.
* Keep up your exercise routine. This will help to keep the ankle swelling during pregnancy to a minimum. It also helps you to stay feeling good during your pregnancy.
* Drink lots of water. The more water that you drink, the less you will retain. Drinking at least 8-10 eight ounce glasses of water a day will help your system flush out waste products and salt.
* Get the support you need. Support hose may not be sexy, but they are very effective in reducing ankle swelling during pregnancy. Several types are available for pregnancy wear, including full panty hose with lots of tummy space
The good news about ankle swelling during pregnancy is that it's normal and temporary.
Read more tips here on having the healthiest of pregnancies and reducing ankle swelling during pregnancy. Be a fit, yummy mummy :-))
Don't forget to laugh during pregnancy also. Check out my 100 funny facebook status updates here